The Give to the Max charity game. Wanna play?
ARE YOU READY????
Starting at midnight tonight through midnight tomorrow night (12:00 AM Central time, Wednesday, November 12th through 12:00 AM Central time, Thursday, November 13th) the most competitive charity game in all the land (that and being Minnesota, of course) begins!!!
What is it? GIVE TO THE MAX DAY!!!!
Give to the Max Day is the one day of the year when charities from around the state of Minnesota compete to raise money for their charities, and for the chance to not only double their donations via matching grants, but to also win additional prize money that will allow them to do even more to help their communities in the coming year .
For many charities, like Minnesota Sheltie Rescue (MNSR), it is a day that will determine how many Shelties we can save and how many will get a chance at a new life in a loving home. The money raised, starting at midnight tonight through midnight tomorrow night, will help us to continue to save Shelties like Maggie and Lenore, who both came from a puppy mill in Pine River.
Without MNSR, Maggie and Lenore would not have had the chance to learn about living in a home where loving hands care for them and provide them with a safe place to land and learn and grow.
Without MNSR, dogs like 14-year-old Lady and her 12-year-old son, Jasper, would have ended up in a shelter when their owner passed away. Instead, they found themselves in a loving MNSR foster home where they are doted on daily.
Give to the Max Day is a big deal. Huge.
Last year, Minnesota Sheltie Rescue (MNSR) was lucky enough to make the top 5 in the small charity category. It allowed us to say “Yes” to many Shelties in need, including Shelties from Pine River puppy mill raid.
Here are just some of the things Minnesota Sheltie Rescue has done to help Shelties in need:
- Spent $49,000 in Foster Dog expenses in 2013. This includes veterinary and other expenses directly related to caring for foster dogs. Some of this money went to care for…
- Sheltie sisters, Mindy and Mandie, who came to MNSR when their dad died. We made sure they were vaccinated, spayed, microchipped, tested for heartworm, and we treated Mindy’s ear infections. Vet bills totaled over $1180. Mindy and Mandy are now in a forever home with loving families who love them just as much as their dad did.
- Lady and Jasper who came into our care when their owner died. Lady had a dental with 8 extractions, a full mouth gingivectomy, oral cyst removal, and treatment for UTI, and Jasper had a dental with extractions and treatment for his skin as a result of allergies, plus routine veterinary care. Their vet bills totaled $2,040.
- Zach, who was treated for two tick-borne diseases and for additional surgeries needed to make him a healthy and happy dog. Zach is now in a happy home with a loving family.
- Treatment for Sadie who has diabetes and needs dedicated help to control infections. Sadie also required extended dental work with X-rays and extractions, along with spay and other routine veterinary care. Sadie’s vet bill was $1070.00.
- Found new, happy and loving homes for over 34 Shelties in 2014.
- Donated $500 to help pay for a much needed surgery for Grace, a Sheltie who was lost and then hit by a car in Duluth Minnesota.
- Helped many Sheltie owners seeking information on Sheltie health and behavioral issues. Some of this training assistance helped Sheltie owners to keep their dogs instead of surrendering them.
- Educated Sheltie owners on keeping their Sheltie safe and what to do if they get lost.
MNSR currently has 34 dogs in our foster program, including 9 special needs long-term foster dogs. These are dogs like Maggie and Lenore who need additional time and care before they will be ready for adoption and like Jasper and Lady who need long-term care because of their age and health.
You can help us do so by contributing to Minnesota Sheltie Rescue in the next 24 hours.
Can’t give much? That’s okay. Remember, for every dollar you donate, a Minnesota organization is contributing a matching dollar amount to Minnesota Sheltie Rescue.
If you give $5, MNSR gets $10.
And, if your donations help Minnesota Sheltie Rescue to make it into the top 10 for their category, they will also win additional prize money that can be used to help more dogs.
First Place: $10,000
Second Place: $7,500
Third Place: $5,000
Fourth Place: $2,500
Fifth Place: $1,000
6th place through 10th place – $500 each
Every hour one donation is selected at random to receive a golden ticket. This means if your donation to MNSR is chosen, an additional $2,000 will be awarded to our rescue organization!
Not only that, but at the end of the event an additional Super Golden Ticket will be randomly awarded to one donor’s charity in the amount of $20,000! Just think how many Shelties we could help with that kind of money!
How to donate: Click here and make a contribution. That’s it.
Want to know how we’re doing throughout the day? Just go to the main LeaderBoard and look under the SMALL charity tab. You can also check out our Give to the Max Minnesota Sheltie Rescue page to see how much money has been contributed across Minnesota to various charities.
Check it out several times a day and cheer us on!
Thanks for your support!