Meet the Bloggers Blog Hop – Beyond the words
Today on No Dog About It blog, I am sharing a little less about my dogs and little more about me. Why? Because today is “Meet the Bloggers” day. It’s a chance for you, the reader, to hop from blog to blog and learn a little more about the people behind the dogs and cats you are so used to reading about.
We pet bloggers tend to be a shy bunch, preferring to let our pets do most of the talking for us. We’re much more comfortable behind the camera than in front of it. At least, that is the case for me.
This “Meet the Bloggers” blog hop is an opportunity for me (and other bloggers) to put ourselves out there a little more and to give you a chance to see us in a new light.
There were only two requirements for the Meet the Blogger’s blog hop were to:
- Include a current photo (with or without a furry friend)
- Answer at least 5 questions (from the list of questions provided to bloggers last week)
So here we go.
Okay. Okay. I know. It looks like I’m hiding.
How about this one?
Have you ever noticed how hard it is to take a photo of yourself?
Or is it just me that has this problem? (Sound of crickets). Yup. I guess it’s just me. 🙂
Now for the questions and my answers:
- What’s your favorite non-animal related book? I have too many to count, but among them are The Secret Garden and The Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett, A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle and Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden.
- What’s your favorite non-animal related movie? Maybe it’s the season, but the only one that comes to mind right now is “Love Actually.” I absolutely love that movie.
- What’s your favorite non-animal related food? Popcorn.
- Who’s your favorite actor? Matthew McConaughey. I first saw him in the movie “Amistad” and was blown away by his acting. He has only gotten better with time.
- What’s one thing you have to do every day? Take a picture. It’s an obsession. Being a pet sitter and dog walker gives you the unique opportunity to see the world in a much different way. You start to appreciate the beauty and humor of the world around you. You get to see things that most people don’t because they are off at work. It’s an interesting and amazing world out there. I started taking pictures to capture some of what I saw every day.
- What makes you feel fabulous? Walking in the woods and listening to the birds and the wind blow through the trees. It’s such a great way to rejuvenate and let go of the stress of every day life. It allows me to breathe.
- What do you wish you were more skilled at? Walking and taking at the same time! I joke, but the reality is I am extremely klutzy. I tend to trip, fall, drop stuff, and run into things on a constant basis.
- What’s your favorite holiday? Christmas. It’s a magical time of year when everything seems possible and I get to sing Christmas carols at the top of my voice.
- Favorite meal? Roasted Veggie Pizza.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Read books, travel and hang out with friends.
- What one word would people who know you use to describe you? Animal-lover.
- If your pets could talk, what one word would THEY use to describe you? Goofball.
- What is one thing you’ve done that you’re most proud of? Running my own business for three years.
- How is your pet most like you? That’s hard to answer since I have three of them, but if I had to guess I would say that they are all most like me in that they love being outdoors and exploring new places.
- What can your body do for you that makes you most proud? Drive a car? I honestly don’t know. Remember? I’m the klutzy one.
- If you could change one thing about your life what would it be? I’d live in a house in the woods.
- Other than blogging, what are three things you do that bring you joy? Photography. Hiking. Reading. Working with dogs. (Was that four?)
- What’s one thing you could do to be more kind to yourself? Engage in less negative self-talk.
- What drives you nuts about your pets? The barking. (Daisy is the only who doesn’t bark. Ever.)
- What melts your heart? Hallmark commercials, puppies and a good dog rescue story.
- If you didn’t have your current pets, what pets would you choose to have? A cat. I miss having a cat.
So now that I’ve bared my soul for all of you, what else do you want to know? 🙂
Want to join the hop? Click here.
Want to read more about some of the other pet bloggers in the hop? Click here.
This hop is hosted by:
- Amy from Go Pet Friendly
- AJ from I Still Want More Puppies
- Jodi from Kol’s Notes
- Julie from The Daily Dog Blog,
- Jennifer from My Brown Newfies
- Kim from CindyLu’s Muse
- Lauren from Life With Desmond
- Leslie from Bringing Up Bella
- Jodi from Heart Like a Dog
- Kristine from Rescued Insanity
- Peggy from Peggy Frezon
- Dawn from NepaPets and
- Me from No Dog ABout It