And here are the winners of the Hartz Angry Birds Contest!
Samantha or Sam
Congrats everyone! Just send an email to email@example.com with your address and I will send your pup an Angry Bird for the holidays!
Today, at No Dog About It blog we are introducing a contest to celebrate the announcement of the holiday-themed Hartz® Angry Birds® dog toys just in time for the holidays.
Hartz® has created 4 new holiday-themed dog toys (see pictures below) that they will be giving away on their Facebook page in the next few weeks. To kick things off, they have also given me four of the same birds to giveaway on my blog!
Doesn’t your dog want an Angry Birds® dog toy for the holidays?
There are two ways to win:
1. Go to the Hartz Pets Facebook page and “Like” them so you can guess the location of each of the four Angry Birds®.
- There are four unique holiday Angry Birds toys that will be shown in four different holiday locations. Throughout the next four weeks, the location of the birds will slowly be revealed. How?
- Each week (Monday-Sunday) a photo of one of the toys will be featured on Hartz’s Facebook page with only a small amount of the photo visible. As the week progresses, more and more of the photo will become visible and be fully revealed each Sunday.
- You can submit your guesses on each toy’s location as many times as you want on the Facebook page and have the chance to win your own limited edition set of all four characters.
2. Leave a comment below stating why you think your dog would like to receive a Hartz® Angry Birds® dog toy for the holidays.
- The contest will run from now until midnight (12:00 AM Central Time), December 8, 2012.
- One Angry Bird will be awarded to each of the four winners.
- Winners will be selected at random using Random.org and will be notified via email.
- Winners will have three days to claim their prize, or another winner will be drawn from the entry pool.
- I will post the winner’s names on my blog on December 9, 2012.
Good luck everyone!
Don’t forget to check out the Hartz Holiday Gift Guide for more gift ideas for your pet!
I don’t know about you, but I find Pinterest is very addictive. Once I start, I can’t stop. Suddenly, it’s hours later and I wonder what I did with my time!
I you haven’t joined Pinterest yet, you may want to, especially if you are a DIY type of person. You can get some great ideas from others. You can also find some pretty amazing dog stuff on Pinterest, including art, clothing, collars, tags, etc.
People even have their future dogs pinned on their pages!
I thought I it would be fun to share some of my more strange, interesting and cool finds with you. You can click on the picture to learn more about the product or to go purchase it.
So what have been your favorite finds on Pinterest?
I love these dog bowls. They are removable and don’t take up a lot of space.
Okay, I admit it. I probably wouldn’t buy one myself, but it’s just quirky enough to be appealing.
I fell in love with this line of t-shirts some time ago. They carry quite a lot of breeds and the images are amazing. I’ve seen one in person, and they are just as beautiful as the images. Definitely getting one of these – well, two of these. One Lab and one Sheltie.
I think this is supposed to be a new concept in dog food packaging. It’s supposed to take up less space and more eco-conscious. Doesn’t fill up the landfills as fast.
A little out of my price range, but if I had the money you can bet I would buy one. I absolutely love this as an art piece.
I’m not quite sure what to say about this product (having never tested it myself), but I have to wonder – is the hole big enough for Great Dane poop?
This one is for all my doggie friends who have dogs that won’t go out in the rain. Might be worth a try!
Oh yes, I absolutely HAD to include this one. It features Shelties!
This is some luxury dog bed, but the story is a pretty cool one. It was designed by Swank Lighting as part of a fundraiser for the Dallas SPCA. Someone got a pretty cool dog bed!
I just loved the look of this ring. it’s adorable. The best part? It’s only $10!
This isn’t something you can buy. I have no link to a page. But, it’s one of those things worth sharing.
This year I was thinking about doing another post on Daisy and Jasper’s favorite things, but just couldn’t bring myself to purchase more “things” for my dogs. The truth is that Daisy, Jasper and Lady have lots of new toys to choose from, most of them sitting in their toy basket, untouched. It turns out that the toys my dogs love most are not new. In fact, they’re old, and dirty and dilapitated… and in most cases, falling apart. Why invest in new?
So instead of writing about Daisy and Jasper’s new favorite toys this year, I would love to hear from you.
Is there a new toy that you purchased this year that your dog absolutely loves? Or, have you purchased a new toy for your pup that you can’t wait to give him? And if not, is there a toy that your dog has long held as their favorite over the years?
I would love to hear what your dog’s favorite things are this year.
And the WINNERS are….
I’ll be contacting you via email to get your addresses and to send your puppies their gifts! Congratulations!
It’s been a long couple of weeks. From the moment Lady first disappeared (and finally returned 12 days later), and through this past week of dealing with what I like to call The Crud, I haven’t really felt much like blogging.
Now that I am finally able to participate in the land of the living again I feel the need to thank all of you who helped in Lady’s search, offered kind words of support, tweeted or shared her story on Facebook, or just sent me healing thoughts. So today’s post is a giveaway of thanks.
On the day that Lady disappeared, a box appeared on my doorstep from Hartz (thank you Meagan!) loaded with some really cool toys from their Angry Birds line. I waited to open it until Lady was back home safe and sound and when she was I let her choose the first toy. The first one she took from the box was the little red plush Angry Bird and it’s been her favorite ever since.
Hartz sent us a whole box full of toys and while I am sure my dogs would love to have all of them, I would rather share them with all of you in thanks for all your support. So I’m going to make this contest really easy.
Here are the rules for the giveaway:
1. Comment on this post by posting your dog’s name(s). That’s it! Post your dog’s name below and you are entered into the contest.
– The contest will run until midnight (12:00 AM Central Time), December 16, 2011.
– Four prize packs of 2 Hartz toys each will be awarded to 4 doggie families.
– Winners will be selected at random using Random.org.
– Winners will be notified via email.
– Winners will have three days to claim their prize, or another winner will be drawn from the entry pool.
– I will post the winner’s names on my blog on December 17th.
Worried you may not win? Enter Hartz’s Angry Birds Pet Toys Holiday Photo Contest on Facebook and win a free gift basket from Hartz!
A few weeks ago, Pamela and Honey over at Something Wagging This Way Comes had a contest to win some of her BlogPaws swag. There were two bags to choose from a Small-Medium Dog Swag Bag and a Medium-Large Dog Swag Bag. I entered Daisy, Jasper and myself for the Medium-Large Dog Swag Bag, never thinking for a minute that we would win. So imagine my surprise when we did win! All three of us were very excited. We just couldn’t wait to see what was in that bag!
Lady (our favorite foster dog) was lucky enough to join us before our bag arrived. Boy was she excited when we told her what was coming!
Well, now it’s time to reveal the stash. Is this seriously cool or what?
First, there was the Fido Friendly magazine. Totally cool! And, look who’s on the cover. Oogy! What an amazing dog and family.
Second, was a toy by one of our favorite dog toy companies of all time – KONG. Jasper was very interested in this new toy. Unfortunately, he was having too much fun for me to grab a good picture of him. So here is what it looked like.
We also tried the Savory Chicken flavored Lickety Stix from Pet Safe. Unfortunately, Lady’s reaction seemed to sum up the general feelings expressed by Daisy and Jasper. They were intrigued by the smell, but not so much by the taste.
However, the freeze dried turkey heart treats by Oma’s Pride were a huge hit. Lady, Jasper and Daisy were still looking for more after we had emptied the bag! They gave a definitive 12 paws up on. We’ll definitely be ordering more of their treats.
The decorative t-shirt from Martha Stewart Pets was pretty cute. The silver-sequined skull and cross bones would be perfect for Halloween, but I think perhaps Lady and Jasper would have a different opinion on that matter. Daisy was just grateful that she was too big to even try it on!
We were a bit puzzled by the mystery gift from The Pet Wiki. Jasper thought it was a chew toy. Daisy thought it was something best carried around in her mouth. Lady just wanted it to make squeaking sounds. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be or do any of the things they thought it would. We’re stumped. Can you help us figure out what it is and/or what it does?
There were lots of other great things included in our swag bag, and we’ll be sampling them over the next few weeks, but here’s a list of the other items in our swag bag. We are feeling pretty lucky. Thanks Pamela and Honey!
Petco Tennis Ball
Wellness Super5Mix Sample dog kibble
Back to Basics food scooper
Canidae TidNips dog treats
Bissell Stomp ‘N Go Stain Lifting Pads
TropiClean Clean Teeth Gel
Poop bag holder from Dogster.com
Greenies Bumper Sticker
L.W. Bristol Classics Zipper Pull
FoundAnimals sticky notes
Food coupons from Royal Canin and Back to Basics
Welcome to the Saturday Pet Blogger Blog Hop. I encourage you to check out some of the other awesome bloggers out there. Much thanks to our most generous and interesting hosts, Life With Dogs, Two Little Cavaliers, and Confessions of the Plume!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
I am sorry to report some sad news this evening. It appears Woobie has died.
It was quite unexpected really. A freak accident. No one saw it coming (least of all me).
Daisy may have had an inkling, since she inadvertently put him in harm’s way, but I doubt she expected him to die the way he did. Of course, he may have wanted to go out in a blaze of glory instead of being tossed into that stinky old trash can. We’ll never know for sure. I can only hope that he and Daisy are reunited at the Rainbow Bridge some day. She did love him so.
Then again, maybe she’s less broken up about his demise than I am.
Death by lawn mower is never ideal.
It’s the howliday season – which means, your furry friend has been dreaming of that perfect gift that he/she wants! What? You didn’t know? You haven’t you heard him mumbling in his sleep or waking you up to remind you of what she wants this year? Certainly, they’ve already given you a list right? No? Oh no.
Well, luckily Jasper and Daisy have put together a list of their favorite things from this past year. We hope these will give you some ideas as you head out shopping for your furry friend.Daisy’s Favorite Things
Daisy doesn’t play much (she just started getting the hang of it this year), but she does have some favorite things! Many of them are food oriented. Did I mention she is a Lab with a bottomless pit for a stomach?
Jasper’s Favorite Things – Unlike Daisy, Jasper will pretty much play with anything. His favorite things mostly involve toys that squeak and tennis balls, but here are some of his favorites!
1. Hartz Hedgehog – People have often heard me refer to Daisy’s “woobie”. Daisy’s woobie is also known as the Hartz Hedgehog and she carries it around all of the time – when she’s nervous or excited or just wants something to hold onto. It’s a perfect fit for her Labrador mouth. My biggest issue is keeping it safe from the other dogs who love it as much as she does! It is by far her MOST favorite thing!
2. The Thundershirt – This one product has been a lifesaver for Daisy (and me!). Daisy is afraid of thunderstorms. She shakes and paces endlessly. But, once I put on the Thundershirt, Daisy becomes a calm dog. She often will go to her kennel and fall asleep! Now THAT is a great product.
>3. The Honest Kitchen: Force – I’ve tried different dogs food with both Daisy and Jasper, but by far she prefers The Honest Kitchen Force flavor. I’ve never seen a dog get so excited to eat! She jumps up and down with excitement when she knows her food is ready (I even caught her trying to steal Jasper’s portion from his dish!). What I like about The Honest Kitchen is it’s healthy – no preservatives, no additives, and filled with fruits and vegetables and chicken. Simply add water and voila!
4. Kong Wobbler – The Kong Wobbler is a great toy to keep dogs busy. It’s durable, easy to use and fun for dogs. Simply put your dog’s kibble or their favorite treat in the bottom of the Wobbler and watch your dog push it back and forth. It reminds me of the Weeble Wobble toys we had when I was a kid. It certainly keeps Daisy busy.
5. Zukes Dog Treats – Like most Labs, Daisy will eat almost anything, but she LOVES Zukes treats. I use them for my training sessions with Daisy, or I will put a few in her Kong Wobbler to keep her busy while I am away. Salmon is her favorite flavor, but chicken and peanut butter are close seconds. Daisy likes them because they smell good, I like them because they are healthy and made with natural ingredients.
1. Premier’s Kibble Nibble – By far, this has top be Jasper’s favorite. I put his kibble or treats in it and he will roll it all over the floor for a long time trying to get the treats out. Sometimes he even picks it up and drops it on the floor, hoping to knock a few out that way!
2. Premier’s Twist and Treat - A variation on the same theme as the Kibble Nibble. This one is a little more durable so both Daisy and Jasper will play with it. The top and bottom twist off and the treats go in the middle. Twist the two halves together and let your dog have a bit of fun pushing it around.
3. Kong Squeaky Balls – There’s really no mystery here. The balls area easy to catch and they squeak when a dog chews down on them. Jasper prefers these to all other tennis balls because he loves to squeak them over and over again (which is why all his Squeaker balls stay outside – I need my sanity!).
4. Crazy Critters - There is only one thing Jasper likes better than squeaky toys and that is tearing the stuffing out of a stuffed toy that squeaks. I just recently found these and I have to say they are the best! They have all the appeal of a stuffed toy without the stuffing and they have squeakers at both ends of the toy. We have both the Fox and the Raccoon and they are a hit with Jasper. One word of warning – I discovered that once I washed them, the squeakers stopped working, so if you want to keep the fun going I would avoid washing as long as possible.
5. Elk Antlers – To tell the truth, both Jasper and Daisy like this product, but since Jasper has a habit of stealing it from Daisy all of the time I decided to add it to his list. Elk Antlers are great for strong chewers, especially the dog who chews up the bones that everyone says will last a long time (has anyone met Daisy?). I have had one Elk Antler for almost 6 months now and Jasper still chews on it!
There is one last “favorite” to mention. It’s actually on my Favorite’s List and it’s a pet store. Here in Minnesota we have a lot of the usual chain pet food stores, but there is one store that, in my opinion, stands above all others. It’s called Chuck and Don’s Pet Food Outlet.
I like Chuck and Don’s for many reasons, but chief among them is there dedication to customer service. I don’t know what kind of training the Chuck and Don’s staff goes through, but they are by far the best at customer service. They welcome you, ask if they can help you, they will order something if they don’t have it in stock and they even offer to carry your dog food out to your car! I really can’t say enough good things about them. I actually called our Eagan store one time to ask them for a name of a pet toy I was planning to feature in my client newsletter and the lady was able to tell what it was called and who made it based on just a description over the phone! They are also active in supporting animal rescue organizations, pet adoptions other great organizations and events. That is why they are MY favorite thing.